Friday, July 4, 2008

Simple Pleasures

We just got back from a barbecue and have an hour until we're heading out to dinner. So what I have been doing? Reading. Just sitting out on our balcony, finishing my book -- pausing every so often as tour boats come by and I can hear the guide sharing that "this was once the storage facility for Montgomery Wards" -- but mostly, just reading. Actually, in the car on our way back from the 'burbs, I was reading. And at my manicure and pedicure before that. And with my workout before that (though that was People Magazine) and two nights ago, at three am, same thing. See, there's something about summer that is so freeing. I don't have grading, I don't have grad school, I don't have any early mornings, so I can just read. Sit outside and read. Perhaps, my favorite summer activity.

No comments: